My friend Jhoey Hernandez of PinoyOrganics.com is holding a unique culinary tour in Alabang on Saturday, May 22, for sustainable cooking! Hope you and your green-minded friends can support her project:
Are you a cooking mama, a foodie, an urban gardener wannabe or simply love learning new things? Dust off your basket and join us as Pinoy Organics launch its Market-to-Plate Tours in the South!
Pinoy Organics in partnership with Feed 5000
Market-to-Plate Tour Launch
MAY 22, 2010, SATURDAY
8AM – 2PM
- Know your local producers in nearby weekend markets
- Help us purchase our ingredients for our cooking demo
- Meet the only certified organic local produce seller in the South
- Meet a 70 year old woman who sells local produce from Batangas on weekends only
- Know where to buy organic brown rice at market price in the South
- Enjoy a local drink with more electrolytes than commercial sports drink
- Visit Mom-Turn-Farmer who sells her sustainable foods from Cavite
- and more!
- Learn “How To Grow Your Own Herbs”
- Kitchen Herbs 101
- Growing Herbs
- And more practical tips about herbs!
- Watch and learn from Chef Len Santos of Feed 5000 as she shows us how to use herbs via Cooking Demo, “Cooking with Herbs”. Bonus treat: we get to taste everything she’ll cook!
FEE: P 1,000/person only (inclusive of all materials and light lunch)
- Watermelon, Mint and Kesong Puti Salad
- Penne Vongole (with Flat Parsley and Dill)
- Grilled Chicken and Mushroom Bruschetta
- Pineapple Basil Shake
- Lavender Flan
SCHEDULE8:00 – 10:00 Market Tour
10:00 – 1:00 “Cooking with Herbs”, a cooking demo cum lunch by Chef Len of Feed 5000 1:00 – 2:00 “How to Grow Your Own Herbs”, an urban gardening workshop The cooking demo and gardening workshop will be held at Feed 5000 Studio, 186 Luzon Drive, Ayala Alabang Village To book your reservations, call +632 347 3975, text +63922 895 3975
or email us at email@example.com.