DISCLAIMER: vanity post
When I saw these walls–concrete and solid–it hit me. I’m moving. In three months. To a place far from home.
Any big lifestyle change brings with it a certain level of stress, but to be honest I’ve found the delay in moving more stressful (target construction start was pushed back 6 months).
I first moved out last year as an experiment, and reading about what I thought of living alone makes me excited to do it again:
This year–2010–has been my big living alone project. The point was to freely explore possibilities that would open up in the process, to have no other agenda but to clear the path. Five months into it, I’ve been asked by at least two good friends for output, an honest concern as to whether I was getting somewhere, or anywhere for that matter. Without second thought, I gave an exuberant YES to their questions, but in complete honesty, I can only claim this– that my life has become lighter, I have lighter everydays, and although it has its gains, it has also come at a cost.
Remembering even the costly side of it is making me smile now:
On cleaning: I used to cherish neatness and wiping my floor with tissue paper just to see that it was squeaky clean. Now I don’t even bother scrubbing the bathroom tiles. What’s happened? I’ve grown into living with no helpers, and household chores have shown their true nature– hardy, time-consuming, and persistent. They just never stop coming.
Lovely. Really. 🙂
By November, I’ll be living within these walls in Nuvali, a full-fledged adult with a house to maintain, uprooted from Metro Manila which has been home for 30 years.
While driving to Sta. Rosa the other day I had a random thought: I’m going to have to register as a Laguna voter now.
Other random thoughts:
- Gas money is going to kill me! P400 for each trip to “the North”
- Goodbye to futsal in Club650, boo.
- But there’s always frisbee/ultimate (I get to wear Pink again!), especially if the league goes back to Nuvali — just have to work around the sun issue: irreversible skin damage, double boo!
- So much furniture and appliances to buy!
- I wonder how hard (or easy) it will be to clean my house
- Should I get a dog? Can I take care of a dog?
On my to do list:
- Check if Sun internet works on my street / lot.
- Check the lights around Nuvali at night– hope the area is lit enough
- Get Nuvali and Greenfield stickers
- Get to know my neighbors!
I cannot wait to plant in my garden.
I cannot wait to bike everyday.
I cannot wait to set up my workstation and paint away!