Thought it was a fantastic idea the first time I heard about it– a fun run with zombies.
The most spectacular part? The first outbreak is happening in Nuvali.
I’ve never been a fan of running per se, but this would make for a great first run, don’t you think?
Since 2008, fun runs and marathons have increased greatly in popularity. Despite this growing figure, running has yet to meet its full potential.
Inspired by Run For Your Lives, Outbreak Manila adds a whole new twist to the typical 5km run. Our goal is to come up with a race that stands out from all the rest by giving people a cause that they would really run for. And what better cause can there be than to run as if your life depended on it?
This time you aren’t just running against time or obstacles. But you’ll also be running from FLESH EATING ZOMBIES.
Brace yourselves. The Outbreak is upon us.
- GENERAL MECHANICS
- Before the race, you will be given a belt with 3 flags attached to it. These flags represent your health.
- During the race, zombies will be scattered across the course to eat your brains… err get those flags. One zombie can only get one flag from you.
- Any physical contact (punching, kicking, scratching, tackling, spitting, hadukens, flash kicks, etc ) between zombies and runners will strictly not be permitted.
- Throwing objects of any kind are also not permitted. May it be rocks, branches, sand or even dirt.
- Violators of these rules will be escorted out of the premises with no refunds
- There will be obstacles in the course where you can choose to go through to attain additional health flags.
- There will be instances where you have to choose either the easy way, or the horde way
Easy way – less zombies but longer
Horde way – more zombies but shorter
- Upon crossing the finish line, you need at least one health flag intact in order to be eligible for prizes. Should you lose all your health flags, you are still allowed to finish the race and your time will be recorded but you shall be considered “dead” and no longer be eligible for prizes.
- If you find yourself out of health flags, you are not considered a zombie and are not allowed to start pulling at other runner’s flags.
I tried flag football for one season, and it’s no joke having to dodge fast runners trying to unflag you. This time you’ll have a horde of zombies grrr-ing and shouting for your brains, in costume at that– even just to stand by the sidelines and watch the mayhem would be well worth the effort!
- Run date is on April 14, 2012, Saturday, 5:30 am onwards.
- Registration fee is P700 for runners.
- Zombie sign-up is an altogether different process, with a video audition required.
- Limited slots; registration opened last Friday, March 2, at the following selected stores:
Mall of Asia
Alabang Town Center
Bonifacio High Street